This is a recipe that my mother has been making for as long as I can remember, in our family we refer to it as “pasta and vegetables”, and for obvious reasons. I like to make it with zucchini, squash, green beans, broccoli, tomatoes, some mild Italian sausage, and the “White Fiber” Rotini noodles. This is a great recipe if you have leftover veggies from another meal because you could throw any combination of vegetables in the pan! It’s incredibly easy and always tasty, and the veggies are just an added bonus. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. 🙂
2 yellow squash
2 tomatoes (or a handful of grape tomatoes, halved)
Half an onion
3-5 cloves of garlic (we like a lot of garlic)
1/2 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound of Italian sausage (you can use ground or links)
1 box of pasta (I’d recommend whole grain or white fiber)
1. Put your sausage in a large skillet and cook it as your normal would, set aside
2. While your sausage is cooking, chop up your veggies
3. In the same pan that you used to cook your sausage, sauté the garlic and onions, then add the green beans and broccoli
4. When the broccoli is bright green, add the squash and zucchini.
5. Add the tomatoes last and a pat of butter to make a nice little sauce for the pasta.
6. Salt and pepper to taste, add the cooked sausage back into the skillet.
7. Serve over hot pasta, top with some grated parmesan, and enjoy!