Hello sweet friends, I’ve been a little MIA recently and I just wanted to give you a little recap. So August was great for my goals, I rocked it out and I was on fire, and I accomplished everything I wanted. I took the month of September to focus on establishing some long-term habits. This month had a lot of unexpected “cheat days” and while I don’t regret them, I am ready to get back on track. We live in a society where the majority of social gatherings are based around food, we go out and eat and enjoy the quality time together. We also use food as a way of celebration; my wonderful boyfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversary this month and it was perfect. Food is okay, unhealthy food is okay. Make sure you always enjoy the memories made, I don’t pass up on time with people who I love because I’m “on a diet”.
Moving into October, I also want to talk about some more “long term goals”. I found myself thinking about where I want to be in the next 5 years, or what I want to accomplish before I graduate college. The obvious answers that come to mind are being employed, maybe married, financially stable, but more than that, I made a list of what I want to have in
the next 5 or so years.
- I want to have found my “church home”. It’s a very adult-y thing to do, become an actual, registered member of a church. It’s something that is very important to me as I’m moving to a new city in the next 3 months, i want to find a church where I feel like I belong, a place I can call “home”.
- I want to have helped one person (hopefully more, but at least) realize that God is bigger than their eating disorder, or their body image issues. This is huge for me, this is really what I want to do for the rest of my life.
- And then this is kind of a personal one, but I really want to have adopted/rescued a dog from a shelter. I love dogs, and animals in general, and I feel very strongly about adopting dogs, instead of buying from a breeder.
And then I want to talk about changes that I can make in the next month. October is my birthday month, so this means there will definitely be some “cheat days” as I celebrate with friends and family, that’s okay and that is to be expected. But regardless of that, I am going to keep my focus on getting stronger and healthier!
- New Recipes: I really need to find some new recipes for breakfast, lunch, snacks and especially dinner that I can add to my daily rotation to switch it up and keep it interesting. 1 new recipe for each category per week, so 4 new recipes total, is my goal for this month. (this measures: creativity, diversity, and also equips me for my future career)
- November I managed to incorporate 2 lifting sessions per week, and for October I want to bump that up to 3 sessions per week. I have seen a drastic change in my body since I started lifting and I want to keep pushing myself! (This measures: strength, determination, and commitment.)
- Get 8 hours of sleep 4 out of the 5 nights of Monday-Friday. I love sleep but it way too often gets pushed aside in my life. Sleep is crucial for your health and I need to start making it more of a priority. This will force me to get homework and other responsibilities done earlier in the day so I can get my sleep at night. (this measures: time management, priorities, and responsibility)